Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Chef of Self

The right environment can really increase my energy levels. I spend time at my parents house and my brain slows way down which leads to less things to say. I look around and everything is centered around the TV as if that is all that is done in this location. I spend time in my apartment and I'm stimulated and ready to work, think, talk, play; everthing. Last night I had to take a sleeping pill just to settle down and go to sleep, I wanted to stay up and write or read or... its the drive to create and act - an energy that I love to have and when I don't have it I'm trying to get it. My girlfriends house is more stimulating than my parents by far, but it still can't compete with what I've got set up at my apartment. Of course I spent lots of time and energy making it a productive environment. I loved the way I felt last night and that just drove home how important it will be for me to ensure this kind of environment in my next house.

We are not just what we eat, but what we do and where we live. If I want to increase my joy of thought I need to take all of these factors seriously. A chef of self must prepare his living environment, this is much like keeping knives sharp and the counters clean, its essential for the process of cooking.

No comments: