Sunday, November 27, 2005

Mutual Respect

I was a lonely child and young adult. Now that my parents are older they want my company, forgetting how they raised me. I will not adjust who I am to meet their changing needs, I will continue to respect myself.I will raise my children to be rational and I expect them to continue even in my age when I desire some level of foolishness from them. I hope they understand enough to not change for my need, but to love enough to provide what is natural for them to provide. That will be a validation and a pleasure for me.
--

I strive to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. This is the same as saying, "I work at acting honestly." Realize this can be true, even when you would not do as me.
--

The religion of man should be a comfort and a service to him as well as a guiding and illuminating light. Different men need different comforts and service. These also differ at different times of life. A religion should be big enough to handle difference.

No comments: