Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rant: For the love of Understanding

If god designed my lungs, he did not do a very good job.
If god designed my response to allergens, he did a pathetic job.
If god designed... you get the point.

I was clearly not assembled by some master craftsman.
I am sick 25%-33% of the year.
My emotional and intellectual constitution
was not designed for unfounded belief
another flavor of truth naturally holds
sway for me. Its just the way I was made.

These statements are obvious and for that I apologize.

It is simply frustrating (understatement) witnessing a portion of humanity
actively fighting against, and denying
the recent progress in our understanding of the world
yet again:

Earth revolves around the sun (Religion fought and lost that one)
Earth is flat (Religion fought and lost that one)
Natural agents cause disease and sickness (Religion fought and lost that one)
Species evolve. (Religion is currently fighting against this one)

At least I'm no longer
tortured,
put to death,
exiled,
or other nasty excuses for piety
for disagreeing with the religious
seeking to obscure our understanding:
at least not in America today.

I'm still promised that I will suffer for all eternity
with very colorful language (makes water boarding look tame)
for just being who I was made to be.

I have to stop this rant,
my head is so congested I have a massive headache coming on,
better take some medicine to overcome
the defects in my physical design.

1 comment:

Mariposa said...

god is a band-aid. an excuse. a scapegoat. a lie.

the end.