Tuesday, March 31, 2009
We cannot store time.
- Time has no shelf life.
- Time is always spent, without remainder.
- Time unspent would be senseless
Time is spent in activity
- Some activity is required, eating, sleeping, cleaning, etc.
- Time not spent in required activity can be selected (i.e. optional)
Time can not be traded or exchanged
- Activity can be traded
- - Others can free up our time by spending theirs.
- - Some required activities can be done by others, increasing time open for selection
- - We can spend our time on another's purposes in exchange for non-time compensation.
I wonder how far this could be taken as the foundation of social interaction. The single intrinsic element of value that we each naturally possess: time.