Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PSA: Diet Books are for Suckers

I hear people talk about dieting as if it were a complicated topic. There are entire isles dedicated to diet books at local bookstores. Amazon has diet books in the thousands selling their dieting angles as if it required several hundreds of pages to understand and implement. Celebrities and doctors pretend to have found new ways to loose weight "and keep it off". WTF people?

Dieting for the vast majority of humans couldn't be simpler; eat less and exercise more. If it feels complicated to you its because you won't accept the most obvious facts in front of your face. I'm not saying you are stupid or retarded, just that you are choosing to act in a stupid and retarded manner (e.g. buying diet books).

My diet book consists solely of its title and makes me zero money: Eat Less, Exercise More. Done. That is fucking it. It is not complicated.

4 comments:

Marvin the Martian said...

I like "Excrete More Than You Eat."

Paperback diet books are more edible than hardbacks, in my opinion. Good roughage.

Extra Gravy said...

I also like that title :-)

Tzeitel (Stacy) said...

Amen brother! I am disgusted daily thinking of the millions of people on the face of this planet who are starving to death while Americans obsess over how to stop pigging out be skinny.

domboy said...

You’ve got it all wrong. You’re articulate. Just turn “Eat less, exercise more” into a 20 chapter book and sell sell sell. It’s the American way, use it or lose it.