Friday, February 17, 2017

Introduction

Vacation is not anything like we expected. I’m sure this is obvious, since we have extended our travel plans a few times. Thanks for the letter asking “how we are doing”, and if we “need help.” We don’t. We’re fine; sending tons of pictures and a web address where you can see what we are up to here. We came up for the snow and the cold, and we found it. Feels so wonderful, so clean. We stayed for different reasons. Your dad and I are closer than ever. We almost feel young. We love it here.

I don’t know how to tell you about this place. I’m not sure where to begin, or how to introduce you to what we found. It started out like a normal tourist vacation, nice hotel, a few days of walking around taking pictures. It started out that way, but it quickly started to become a different sort of trip.

I have to start somewhere, so the beginning will do. I’ll walk you along as we did, or something close to it. I want you to be happy for us, so please keep in mind how practical your father is, and how skeptical I am. Keep judgments from forming, while I introduce you to the subject matter. Hold your judgments, and listen for a while. I’m asking this of you, for my sake (k).